08 March 2011

MKSM Lessons on Forgiveness and Revenge (Turnback Tuesdays)

For this week's TT, we'll go back to the time when teenage Tan was engrossed with the teleserye hit of 2007, Maging Sino Ka Man. Below the cut is a glimpse of the infamous angst from a few years back punctuated with a dramatic quote to end of the entry. Something my fans from that era surely miss! Don't worry though 'cause  2011 Tan has mellowed already...or so he thinks? LOL. Nevertheless, enjoy my dear reader!

In television news, Maging Sino Ka Man has just gotten way more intense. Over the past three days, I've seen a guy shot, falling down the stairs, spat on the face of somebody else and beaten black and blue. Intense-an talaga! I got hooked on it again 'cause of those actually. For me, the series is a cut above the rest of Filipino primetime since the plot isn't as predictable as other shows of the same genre and the characters have depth as contrary to the black and white stereotyped kind of characters. Way to go, MSKM!

I guess the recurring themes in the series nowadays are forgiveness and revenge. It's the tension between these two terms that influences much of the characters in the series. Would Eli forgive and forget the demonic acts Fidel did to his brother and father or will he seek revenge through making Jackie's life miserable? Will Mang Oca forgive Fidel too or will he puppet Eli to destroy him? These are the questions waiting to be answered and viewers are constantly on a see-saw on whether forgiveness or revenge will triumph. Let's wait and see...

With this, I've realized how I handle forgiveness and revenge. I forgive deserving people and punish who don't deserve forgiveness. I mean I know that I should be forgiving but how can you forgive somebody who doesn't even ask for it and continues to ruin you? I'm more of a believer in justice rather than in forgiveness. I believe that if that person doesn't do you any good anytime then there's no reason for you to forgive him. Of course, after a long time, things may be forgotten but that I need a long time to do so.

"Kung lahat ng taong nagkakasala sa'yo pinatatawad mo, wala kang pinagkaiba sa basahan. Lahat ng dumi kaya mong tiisin." - Mang Oca, MSKM

Hindi ako basahan. Tandaan mo 'yan.

No comments:

Post a Comment