16 March 2011

It Just Nonchalantly Decided to Break

I’m nonchalantly looking forward to this weekend’s SM Marikina sale. The reason?



uh oh...
I broke the office coffee maker’s pot two Wednesdays ago.

I was cleaning the coffee pot late on a night when I’ve worked a long day which ended with Microsoft Excel surrendering on my formulas. Dejected and dazed, I erroneously decided to wash the day’s dishes. I soaped the coffee pot after less fragile kitchenware. Since my mind and body was already on autopilot, I placed the coffee pot as nonchalantly as I did with the rest on the sink. As such, it also just nonchalantly decided to break. Hence, my not-so-nonchalant spiral to fragility that night and my nonchalant excitement for the coming sale.

Because of this, I’ve written a little note to remind myself to never completely let my guard down since being completely vulnerable often invites misfortune. Emphasis on the word completely since being vulnerable sometimes has its own benefits as well. In vulnerability, we realize our being human much more and how letting in others in our lives help us become more human. But that’s another entry altogether.

Thus, It’s okay to feel vulnerable sometimes as long as you don’t go all out and set yourself up to break so easily. Just like the coffee pot I broke two weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment