08 January 2011

A Success Strutegy

A year ago, I attended a seminar which blended theater with teaching English. Since most if not all of my colleagues there were actual teachers, I felt out of place. When the trainer asked me to go in the center and perform a simple task, I flubbed it even before I did it.

How? I apologized. Sheer manifestation of my low self-esteem and lack of confidence. The trainer immediately gave me a morale boost by telling me that as a supposed person of theater already, I should always be confident in whatever I do. Yes, even in those where I’m not really confident in.

The first step to success then is to be confident. No matter how difficult or uncertain a task is, it shall be easier to handle if you believe that you can do it. Things can and will get easier if you make it look easy.

Also, a professor who lacks confidence during his/her lecture leaves his/her students with a cloud of doubt if what has been taught was relevant or even real. Nobody will believe in what you say or do if you don’t believe in yourself first.

Be confident. Pretend to be confident if you have to pretend. There’s no better start to success than to be confident and believe in yourself.

Thus, my confident Uniqlo tote bag strut along the busy streets of Marikina I had while going home.

4 comments:

  1. Is this supposed to imply something else? Teehee, I don't want to assume :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i wrote this entry, i did not mean to imply anything. but if you had something in mind, then it's probably the brainchild of this entry and your knowledge of me. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Segue to the tote! lol. :) -mandrewgas

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mandrewgas: don't forget the confident tote strut! haha

    ReplyDelete