03 August 2011

A Struggle in Context

I recently surprised myself with my GMAT preparation by having the highest scores in Reading Comprehension. Since Reading as a subject has been my waterloo since elementary, I’ve come to accept the fact that it will be one of the biggest challenges I’ll have for the upcoming test. Thus, the recent revelation was a very pleasant surprise. I can comprehend fairly well after all!

Anyway, I remember that one of the test types I had most difficulty with as an elementary student was dealing with context clues. Maybe it was because of my limited vocabulary or of the fact that I’ve handicapped myself when it comes to anything related to the subject. Whatever the cause was, it instigated a struggle.

Speaking of struggles, I recently found myself struggling with the freshness of the entries I churn out. 

Am I?
Reading entries from a few months back, I have this feeling that I’m just regurgitating the thoughts and insights I had before. Am I running out of thoughts to share or haven’t I just thought well enough to generate new insights?

This is where context (clues) come in. I’ll admit that some of my entries may have overlaps. However, I assure you that all of these have been written with unique intentions birthed by differing contexts. Thus, despite humming a similar tune, each entry still has its own unique words created from distinct experiences.

I take it as life’s friendly reminder for me about an insight I might have recently forgotten. I have recently accepted the fact that I’m not perfect. Kidding. Thus, I also struggle following through the thoughts I write down here in this blog. Maybe, that’s why I need a friendly reminder. Even if you’ve seem to read it a thousand times before, maybe you needed that one too.

As entries of the same thought yet birthed from differing contexts accumulate, I also hope that we internalize the insights we say we realized and live them out today and tomorrow more often than we did yesterday.

2 comments: