27 October 2010

10

I miss my gal pals Eloisa and Karen. Well, I miss Karen a little more since I still get to hang out with Eloisa especially when she visits me in the office so that she’d have someone to walk home with. Actually, I hope the situation kind of reverses since I’d rather spend more time with Karen than Eloisa. Haha. Peace Eloisagurl.

Aside from talking nonsense, eating fastfood and joking about each other, one of our other pastimes is to rate guys in terms of their likeability with 10 as ZOMG SUPER WIN! and 1 as ULTIMATE FML. Being the generous individuals that we are, nobody really got an easy 10. Given our prime standards, the highest they’d often get is a 9. Of course, we’d want to distinguish ourselves from one of our friends whom we tease the “kwatro kid.” Go figure!

Anyway, I was watching She’s Out of My League last Sunday and encountered this rating game of ours. Without spilling much information, the idea I got from the movie was how not seeing yourself as a ten influences you to think that you cannot be matched with people you deem a nine or even a perfect ten. Sometimes, we often meet that seemingly perfect guy or girl, the one you’d always dreamed about, only to let them slip away without even trying because we think we’re just a five or worse, a one.

But is anybody really a one? Probably those individuals who believe they are ones. They deserve it for such low self-esteem they have.

All I’m trying to say here is that we’re all perfect 10’s in our own unique way. Of course, that probably contradicts the supposed societal standards of beauty but the hell do we care about that. All I know is that as long as you believe that you’re a beautiful, perfect 10, then it’s the first step towards meeting the your perfect 10 partner. Definitely, being a 10 involves inner beauty as well. How can you be a 10 when your attitude is a negative?

So my dear reader, the next time you’d rate yourself low, always remember that everything starts with appreciating the beauty that has been bestowed on you. You may not be a 10 in the eyes of others but nobody would start seeing your being a 10 if you don’t see yourself as one to begin with.

I’m tall, uncoordinated, out-of-shape, and probably not a looker, but I believe I’m a 10 and I’m going to get you one of these days.

5 comments:

  1. I’m going to get you one of these days. --- At sino naman si 'you'? Is he a looker and, in your eyes, a 10? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang landi mo couerl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sa maniwala kayo't sa hindi, hindi specific si you. basta darating na lang siya. at siyempre 10 siya! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buti pa sina Eloi at Kar, namimiss mo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. for this entry lang kasi yun. kailangan ng introduction. hindi naman totoo yun eh. HAHA joke lang!

    ReplyDelete