15 December 2010

A Stumble to Convince

We cannot escape the truth. No matter how much we like it or not and how hard we try to fight the inevitable, destiny will still run its course. Thus, anticipating and eventually accepting the inevitable seems always the most plausible option.

But sometimes, when we have conceived our idea of the inevitable and convinced ourselves of it, life lets us stumble on people, things or events which lead us rethink our own forecast of the inevitable. A friendly nudge, so to speak.

Believing that nothing is merely coincidental, I often loosen my grip on my perception of the inevitable and open myself to the previously overlooked possibility. Though in limbo between the sorrowful comfort of acceptance and the chancy adventure that is hope, I am blessed to realize that anything can happen and will happen if it’s meant to happen.

My desired inevitable shall only happen if I both accept and hope at the same time. If I use what I currently have right now and pursue the thing I hope for, chances are I’ll be much closer to my desired inevitable. And who does not want to reach that, right?

Recently, I have almost come to terms with the fact that I probably am meant to be alone. But happy, of course. Yet, more recently, life has showed me through a blog, a fictional character and being reminded of a film I watched last year, that somehow and somewhere, the elusive thing I am looking for exists.

I just have to have the courage, openness and hope to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment