22 November 2010

Globe: Not at all doing it my way

Being a Globe user for so long, I have been beyond disappointed with my last few encounters with my telecom provider. To save you from the rant I have given interested and willing victim listeners, I’ll be outlining the reasons why I have recently abhorred the said provider.

Well, I was supposed to go through three transactions which a Globe SM Marikina customer service representative already arranged in a supposed most logical order:

1. Transfer ownership from my aunt to my name
2. Change plan
3. Reserve and purchase an Iphone 4

Now, here are the reasons:

1. SM Marikina Globe CSR promised me a week to finish the first transaction but it took them a month to do so. And another CSR from the same branch confirmed herself that it was due to them having a lot of transactions → Why keep my hopes up that I’ll only need a week to wait when you won’t be able to deliver?

2. Another CSR calling me and informing me that I need to wait a month to begin with the third transaction → Why should I wait when it was their office’s fault that my transaction got delayed three weeks?

3. Learning that the reward points I have rightfully earned will expire by the end of the year → Why do these points have an expiration date when I earned them the hard way?

4.The CSR told me that I’d just go to the nearest business center or call the hotline to ask about my ordeal. → Either you go to Globe SM Marikina at 10am or wait for approximately 2 hours to be served. It’s difficult to get through the hotline either.

5. A CSR being rude separately to me and my mother upon transaction. → Need I say more about this?

None of these exemplify their current spiel of “Doing things your way.” More like the opposite. No positive customer experience in the last month whatsoever.

Of course, I have already saved you the trouble of listening to me berate the Globe representative I have talked with last Wednesday and Saturday. Both times, I seemed to cause a scene within the radius of the Pathways office. Don’t worry though, I have already apologized to him but still I am waiting for my answer from them.

The thought of disconnecting from Globe hounds me though. Currently, I really have no reason and incentive remaining with my plan. I also don’t have any qualms about being on prepaid.

I initially didn’t want to include this in my blog since it has the potential of becoming a rant. Something that isn’t quite in tune with the type of entries this blog has been churning out. But as you can see, I have done my best to remove the rage and be as objective as I can. Thus, the numbered lists. ☺

Aside from highlighting the need for constant follow-up, this experience has also showed me the value we should put in the words that we say. If we tell somebody that we’ll accomplish the task by this time, then we should commit to it and be able to accomplish them during the time allotted. When you feel that you won’t be able to finish on the time you agreed on, then tell him/her right away so that s/he’ll be informed. Of course, it still depends on how s/he’ll take it but it’s definitely much better if they are aware than if they are left in the dark.

Once you fail to meet the deadline because of your own shortcomings, don’t be rude and act like it was never your fault. You should know when you have the right to argue and when you should just fold.

Honor and commit to your word and know your place. Remember these three things and surely, you’ll be able to do things your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment