27 July 2011

The Gift

Every time we have a karaoke nightout, my friends always tease me to sing “The Gift” by Jim Brickman. I actually don’t know how it started. One time they just started teasing me about it. Heh. I know and I don’t think it’ll be appropriate to share it to the rest of the world. Not in this supposedly sane and decent blog of mine.

Speaking of gifts, it was the focus of the homily at the missioning mass to end Zen’s retreat last Sunday. After the mass, I’ve lingered on the thoughts throughout this week. And today seems most appropriate for me to share it with you.

I realized that gifts are supposed to be selflessly shared and not to be kept to yourself. Yes, the gifts that we receive are supposedly meant for our own consumption. However, we always have the option to consume the gifts we receive with others. Instead of solely enjoying the benefits of the gift, why not share the happiness with others as well? Believe me that one feels far happier when s/he shares rather than when s/he just keeps it to herself/himself.

Thus, let today be a reminder that the gifts that we receive, yes, even the most simplest ones, are meant to be shared. And the world would be a far happier place if everyone discovers the greater gift of happiness in sharing. I am far more glad that I was able to share this little moment of marvel I recently had.
two fave gifts: friends and travel!

And I’m thankful everyday for the gift. ☺

4 comments:

  1. Sigh..wish we can travel more often. Like mga thrice a year. Joke, pakadameeeh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting with our Rio 2016 bash! Game? LOL. But just like PCD's song, be careful what you wish for 'cause you just might get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. touching! someday this post will be featured in turn back tuesdays. - dima

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right before our trip to Rio in 2016? YAY!

    ReplyDelete