18 April 2011

God knows Hudas not pay.

When I first heard that Judas would be Lady Gaga’s second single off from her sophomore album, the title of this entry immediately popped in my head. For those who are not familiar with this witty Filipino wordplay, it’s usually found in jeepneys as a friendly reminder/threat for commuters to pay the fare.

Anyway, I personally found the song quite disturbing especially tackling a rather controversial biblical character. However, I promised myself a while back to appreciate the good even in the most disturbing of things. And aside from the catchy tune, I’ve had the time to reflect on what the song could mean for us.

It was the line “Judas is the demon I cling to" which actually bothered me the most. We all have our own Judas, people, things and memories which we cling to despite them demonizing us. And as much as we want to un-cling from them, the comfort and pleasure they bring overpowers and weakens us to let them stay in our lives. Even when we are better off without them.

It’s time for us to stop loving our own Judas so let today be the start of such liberation! I know that the liberation from our own Judas-es seem painful and difficult. However, trust that your life will still go on and will probably even better without them. For at the end of the day, they’re merely Judas-es who/which betray our own wellbeing.

For if God knows Hudas not pay, then he probably knows Hudas not attempt to let go of their own Judas as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment