07 April 2010

on jealousy

It's 3am in the morning and I'm wide awake. I've actually already slept but it's too hot to be comfortable sleeping now. And since I slept quite early last night, I missed the chance of writing an entry for the fourth consecutive day. Oh well, here I am now writing as I cool down myself from the deliberations I had a while ago. I'm not really that done yet but the files i need are in the office so I'll just wait for the sun to rise and head on to the office to hopefully finish my deliberations.

Yesterday, in between the awkwardness of being with a guy I only know as a friend of my friend and our crazy common friend who's a girl by the way, jealousy was discussed in passing. I think they were talking about their own special someones when guy told girl that his was similar with hers because they both get jealous because of the simplest things. Of course, the girl insisted that their special someones are different but the guy said they're similar because they get jealous over simple nothings. Their argument went on but the guy mentioned somewhere along the way that girls should feel flattered if their guy gets jealous because it means that they're really into them. The girl then blushed and I hated it. Haha.

It got me thinking about my own dose of jealousy. And I realized how pathetic I am being jealous over something I'm not supposed to get jealous of. Haha. I'm jealous of people I shouldn't be jealous about because there's really nothing there to be jealous about. Haha. Well, my insecurities over certain things in my life shine through because I crave for things that I'll probably never get. Oh well, I just need to come to terms with some of these insecurities and I shall be okay. I just hope that when the time comes that I'll have something or somebody to be jealous about, I won't be as petty as the two people mentioned above seem.

But of course, with how I am now, that seems so far from real.

No comments:

Post a Comment