03 April 2010

Obvious ba?

Hello dear reader,

Holy week has gone by oh so fast. It's already saturday and work shall be knocking at my door again come monday. Anyway, I'd forever remember this holy week 'cause it's the week i bought my new macbook. Haha. After much hullabaloo, I finally got one last Wednesday. Though I'm still in the process of adjusting to the mac, I find myself falling in love with it everyday that I use it. Kaya nga siguro ako napa-blog ngayon 'cause I feel like I'm Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City. Huwat?! Haha. Sana lang may letter sender ako so that I can answer questions about love. Love doctor daw? Haha. But anyway, if you do have any questions, just ask me in my formspring account. And I can answer you either through e-mail or whatever channel you want me to answer through.

I'm currently trying to finish reading a textbook. Wait, before you brand me as a nerd, I'm trying to read about Development Psychology in preparation for my dream Psychology masteral studies. It's a dream 'cause I ain't sure if I'm really going to be able to pursue it in the future. Well, I'm actually quite sure but I'm just not sure when I'll be having my masters abroad. Financial matters. Haha. If you know someone who can sponsor me, then please introduce me to him/her. I'm really very much willing to pursue graduate studies in psychology, preferably social psych. Then why be reading developmental psychology now? Well, per the psych people's advice, it's good to read about it first before moving on to social because the latter assumes that I know some concepts from development psychology.

Anyway, dev psych is an interesting read as psychology is in general. I'm learning much about how this painstaking process that is called growing up. And with dev psych, I can say that I could identify with most of the things that have been written in the book such as cognitive development, the awkward teenage years and my favorite, the adolescent identity crisis. I've only read till the adolescent stage though and I'm very much looking forward to the future chapters.

I wanted to talk about my own crises and the journey I took to arrive at who I am now but I'm saving that for my next blog entry. Haha. Medyo mahaba-haba atang usapan iyon. However, what I'd like to say here, para naman may sense kahit papaano itong entry na ito, is that, iba talaga ang perspective when you're actually going through it and once you've gotten past it. I mean yeah you might be screaming at the screen and saying, "Pakatanga mo naman, Tan! Too obvious!" but is it really that obvious? Well, something to think about kasi alam ko, when most of my friends have tried banging my head on the wall, the simple solution was never really that obvious.

At para sa'yo, sana maging obvious na ang solusyon na gusto namin para sa'yo. And no, this ain't for someone you might think is too obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment