03 November 2012

The Arrival of the Inevitable, Part II

Three months later, and the supposedly inevitable part two has not yet arrived. And so, here I am facing the inevitability of finally writing it. 

The entry before I left was supposed to be the first of a two-part series about my feelings on leaving for New York. However, primarily as a result of being a certified crammer, I encountered unexpected delays along the way. I can guarantee that despite the delay, my sentiments remain the same albeit my first three months have even lent more proof of the arrival of the inevitable. 

Inevitable gratitude, that is. 

If ever there’s a thing that this daring displacement has taught me, it’s that I should always be thankful for the people who have made my move to New York possible. I was supposed to write a litany of gratitude but I don’t think it will give justice to the generosity I have been showed. 

For Dad, Mom, Zen, Papa, Mama, uncles, aunts, cousins, other relatives, HS friends especially Jared, my gracious host for the first month, Ate Solvie, Ate Len, Bobbyguev, Pathways staff, volunteers, friends and participants, IPED/Bronx friends and everyone else I may have unintentionally missed, maraming, maraming salamat! 

Thus, if ever there’s one thing in life that I hope will be inevitable for me, it’s to have a sense of gratitude not only in times of contentment but also in those of suffering. But always, for the people I have been blessed with.


From NYC with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment